Full Name: Emily Burns Erwin Robison
D.O.B: August 16, 1972
Birthplace & Hometown: Pittsfield, MA ~ Dallas, TX
Previous Occupation: Hostess in a restaurant
Earlier Band: Blue Night Express
Debut Club Apperances: Poor David's Pub
Education: Greenhill High School
Hair Color: Blonde, worn long w/ soft layers around face
Eye Color: Hazel
Shoe Size: 10 (known for the big feet in the group)
Parents: Paul Erwin & Barbera Trask (step-dad Farrel)
Siblings: 2 older sisters, Julia and Martie
Robison (May 1, 1999)
Instruments: Guitar, Dobro, Banjo, Fiddle, etc.
Pets: dog named "Big Fat Cat"
Sports: played soccer and and softball in high school
Right or Left?: She's right handed
Pet Peeve: Bad drivers
Hobbies/Interests: loves to hear to live music - especially country acts
Midnight Snack: Cold cereal
Movie: "Ace Ventura Pet Detective"
T.V Show: Ally McBeal
Fashion: Likes long skirts
Preformer(s): Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton
Emily began playing violin at age 7, then banjo at age 10, with dobro, mandolin and other
acoustic instruments to follow. In school, Emily played in the orchestra, she was known as
an "Orch Dork". Emily and Martie toured the country together in a teen's
bluegrass group for six years before helping to found Dixie Chicks. Before she made it big
with Martie and Natalie, she did the taxes when they toured. Emily once tried out for
"Hee Haw" so she can play her banjo, but she didn't get the part. When you're
out on the road, you try to stay in shape in any way you can. Emily heads out in nature
and runs, making sure no one sees her. :)
As the Chick famed for picking tunes on banjo and
Dobro, Emily says, "If I'm working out a new part on an instrument to play onstage
that day, I always practice one time or three - never twice. I think
it's bad luck."
Emily's 11th grade teacher:
"She was an excellent student," said Ms. Eagles. "She was truly gifted as a
reader and writer. In class she was reflective; when she said something you could tell
that she had thought carefully about it."
Throughout Emilys Upper School years, her
music career began to take over.
"She wanted to go the Air Force Academy,"
said Ms. Eagles, "But it was impossible to do both so she applied to Davidson (a
college in North Carolina.) She had to turn in her final paper on Hamlet late because she
was traveling; however, it was excellent. She wanted it to be good."
* That Emily is a regular Michael Jackson wann-a-be and can moonwalk forwards and
backwards with a turn..
* That Emily wanted to be in The Air Force Academy and even filled out applications until
she relized her math and science grades weren't good enough...
* She's good at steering so she drove the pink RV...
* Emily's teeth were on the cover of The New York Times...
* Emily fought over a crab puff at a party with Johnny Cash...
* Emily is the tall one of the group...
* People sometimes say she looks like Julia Roberts...
* Emily wrote the majority of You Were Mine, Martie wrote the bridge...
* Emily co-wrote "Please Be San Antone" on Jim Lauderdale's "Onward Through
It All" album ...
* Emilys senior page says she was the "Queen Procrastinator." Former
students recognized her as "famous"